CEX.io is an "all-inclusive" exchange - where you can buy Bitcoin, deposit to your Galaxy account and withdraw back to CEX.io. The set-up and verification process takes about 30 minutes and once it's done, you'll be able to make your deposits quickly and safely anytime you want.
This guide provides steps for:
Haven’t created an account at CEX.io yet? No worries, we’ll walk you through it.
Just head to https://cex.io/, hit the Register button and follow these steps:
- Fill out the details
- Hit Proceed on the next screen
- An email confirmation link will be sent to you.
- Open the email and either press Confirm, or copy the code at the bottom and return to the CEX.io page to paste the code.
- Once your email is confirmed, press Proceed
- Next, you will be asked for phone verification. Hit Confirm and choose SMS or Call. NOTE: If the code is not sent within 30 seconds, hit SMS / Call not Received to request a new code
- Enter the code that was sent to you and hit OK
The last step to create your account is identity verification.
1. Hit START VERIFICATION
2. On the next screen, hit Identity Verification
3. Select Ok, let’s go
4. Hit Country of residence, and confirm your country
5. Hit Proof of identity document, and select the document type
6. You can then choose to upload photos using your mobile phone or through a form on the website
7. Follow the instructions to add photos of the front and back of your ID and a selfie holding your ID
8. Fill out your real name
9. Enter your nationality and date of birth
10. Enter the ID date of issue and expiration
11. It could take up to 30 minutes for your ID to be verified. You’ll get an email confirming this.
You can verify address and other info for increased limits and access to bigger benefits at CEX.IO, but this is completely optional.
When you’re ready to buy Bitcoin:
- Go to Cards at the top of the CEX.io page. If you are still on the verification screen, hit Exit Verification first.
- By default, the site gives you credit cards as the only option. If you want to use bank transfers instead, press the green Deposit tab on the right. NOTE: We recommend using a card, since the payment will be processed in just minutes. To use bank transfers, you'll need to complete further verification, plus these take a lot longer (anywhere from 1-5 business days) to be completed.
- Enter the card details (card number, name and expiration date)
- Hit Proceed
On the next screen:
- Upload a photo of yourself holding the card
- Hit Proceed
Verification normally takes 5 minutes but if it takes longer please be patient and wait for the email to be sent.
Once verification is complete:
- Go to Buy/Sell at the top of the CEX.io page. If you are still on the verification screen, hit Exit Verification
- Choose the type of cryptocurrency you want to buy
- Choose the currency you want to use
- Select the amount and hit Buy
On the next screen, check all the details carefully and select Buy Now to finalize the purchase.
Once you have Bitcoin available on your CEX.io account, you’re ready to fund your sports account.
First, you’ll want to go to the Galaxy website since that’s where you will be getting the address to send the funds to.
Just log in to your account and follow these steps:
- Open the Cashier
- Select Deposit
- Select Bitcoin
- Enter the amount to deposit (this must be the exact amount you want to deposit)
- Claim a bonus (optional)
- Hit GET ADDRESS
You will now need to copy this address. You can either highlight by dragging or copy instantly by hitting the small copy icon (like two sheets of paper) to the right side of the address. Please do NOT type the address by hand. Always use the copy-paste feature!
Next, return to CEX.io, and hit the blue WITHDRAW tab on the right of your screen:
Now, follow these steps:
- Paste the Bitcoin address into the field
- Choose BTC as the currency type and enter the amount. This must match the exact amount that was shown in the Galaxy Cashier.
- Hit the Withdraw button
Your deposit will then be posted to the blockchain. It usually takes 10-60 minutes for deposits to be confirmed.
You can check the status of any transaction by going to the blockchain website and entering your deposit’s address: https://www.blockchain.com/explorer.
To make a withdrawal from Galaxy to CEX.io, simply follow these steps:
- From your CEX.io account, hit DEPOSIT at the top of the screen.
- On the right side, select the cryptocurrency you want to withdraw (e.g., BTC Bitcoin).
- Check-mark the confirmation box and hit Continue.
- You will see your BTC receiving address, which you can copy using the copy icon.
Now, go to your Galaxy account and:
- Open the Cashier
- Select Withdraw
- Choose Bitcoin
- Enter the amount
- Paste the Bitcoin address you had copied from CEX.io
- Hit Verify Withdraw
- Request the code to your mobile phone to confirm the payout
It normally takes only 2-3 hours for your withdrawal to be sent but may take up to 48 hours in some rare cases.
When the Bitcoin arrives in your exchange wallet, you can then convert it to USD to be transferred over to your bank account.
NOTE: We highly recommend converting the Bitcoin into USD as soon as you receive it. This way you can protect yourself against any possible drop in the value of Bitcoin.
To do this, simply hit TRADE at the top of the screen and follow these steps:
- Scroll down to where you see Sell BTC
- Enter the amount in BTC you wish to convert to USD
- The amount in USD will be shown on the right
- Hit Place order
Now with your funds changed back to USD, the final step is to take them out of your CEX.io wallet and move them over to your personal bank account.
- Go to the WITHDRAW tab at the top of the screen
- On the right, choose the currency and the amount you are taking out
- Choose the method you will be using to withdraw
- Verify your Identity (if you have not already)
- Follow the rest of the steps to add your bank information and complete the transaction
It should take 24 hours or less (during business days) for the funds to arrive in your bank account. You can check the CEX.io website for more details on the exact time frame.